Features removed from Microsoft Money Products
This page lists features that have been removed from the Microsoft Money product
over the years. It is not a comprehensive list, so if you do know
something which has been removed, please contact me and it'll be researched and
subsequently added to the list if found to be true.
See also the feature sets.
Microsoft Money Plus
- Unlimited installation. Activation now only allows 2 installs.
Microsoft Money 2007
- Money for the Pocket PC (Article
Microsoft Money 2006
- Balance of an account after a bill has been paid - seen on the bills/deposit page
when highlighting a scheduled bill in previous versions. (Article
Microsoft Money 2005
- Money Express (Article
- Dual drop down boxes for categories (now reinstated - Article
- Ctrl+Shift+<connect> to capture OFX files one-time.
- OFC import. (Article
- Built-in help (now online)
- Warning "MSN butterfly" that you were going to click off site.
- Down-arrow to let you navigate from one investment (details etc) to another.
- Set up each account to do downloads or not.
- Today's balance in the registers.
- Ability to switch, via a combo box, between favorite accounts while viewing "Account
Summary" of an Investment Account (still possible from the two Transactions views).
- Ability to switch, via a combo box, between all investments, Used to be possible
from all views of a specific investment. As far as I can tell, no way to get a view
of all investments.
- Ability, while viewing "Account Summary" of an Investment Account to right-click
on an individual security and then update its price. In Portfolio Manager, ability
is there (sort of) -- only an online update is possible.
- Ability to import OFX and QIF statements indefinitely (UK products - Article 59)
- Cash flow chart from beneath the account register . (Article 40)
- View the portfolio in the future by putting in a future date in the portfolio top
right date box.
- Add your own custom currencies (list of available
- Task Based Home Page
- Balance an account option, which then shows summary of when all accounts were last
Microsoft Money 2004
- Running total of bills/deposits when balancing accounts ('cleared so far')
- MoneySide (US)/Money Viewer (UK) [this was introduced in Money 2002]
Microsoft Money 2003
- Ability to import OFX and QIF statements indefinitely (US products) (Article
Microsoft Money 2002
- Statements downloading to a separate area than the register
- The bill register now only shows the next occurrence of a bill
Microsoft Money 2001
Microsoft Money 2000
- Phone dialup to the bank
- Icon view of accounts in the Account Manager
Microsoft Money 1999
Microsoft Money 1998
- Loan Wizard
- Interest Estimator - this was in the UK products, not sure about US ones
Thanks to Bonnie Synhorst, MVP, and all other people who have helped compile this