Can I install my version of Microsoft Money on more than one computer
Whether you can install the Microsoft Money software more than once depends on the exact license agreement that you have.
If you click on Help->About Money, you may find a button to allow you to view it.
Typically, the license agreement allows you to install the software on a desktop machine and a portable computer, so long as they are not used at the same time, and are used by the same person.
In Microsoft Money 2005 UK, the license agreement says the following (most other versions will be very similar):
1. USE RIGHTS. Installation and Use. If you comply with this agreement, you may, for each license you acquire:
* Install and use one copy of the software on one personal computer or other device. You may install multiple copies of the software on one device, provided that you have a license for each copy. A license for the software may not be shared or used concurrently on different personal computers or devices.
* Install and use a second copy of the software on a portable device for use only by the primary user of the first copy.
* Install one copy of the software on a storage device, such as a network server, used only to run the software on your other personal computers or devices, provided that you acquire and dedicate a license for each separate personal computer or device on which the software is run from the storage device.
* Install and use (for a Microsoft License Pack), additional copies of the software up to the number of copies specified above as “Licensed Copies”. You are also entitled to make a corresponding number of secondary copies for portable device use as specified above.
Most copies of Microsoft Money are not License Pack versions. There are only a few of these designated with 'Open' license agreements or marked 'MVL'. If in any doubt, you should check with Microsoft or the Microsoft dealer you obtained the software from.